RULES & REGULATIONS
Most frequent questions and answers
REQUIREMENTS TO REGISTER
- Each competitor must fill out and submit the online registration form.
- Entry fee is a non-refundable $125.00 per category. You may choose to enter multiple Lash Battle Categories.
- Once registered, each competitor agrees to abide by the rules and decisions of the competition committee and judges.
- *COMPETING DOES NOT GIVE ENTRY INTO THE CONFERENCE ON MAY 15 & 16. MUST PURCHASE AN ADMISSION TICKET TO ATTEND THE CONFERENCE.
HOW MUCH TIME DO I HAVE?
- Classic Lash Battle receives 2 hours to complete their set. Volume 3D-6D Lash Battle receives 3 hours to complete set.
- All competitors must stop working immediately once the stop time has been announced. Then they should leave their stations within 5-10 minutes even if they are participating in the following lash battle category. Await instructions.
- Competitors and models may leave their work stations to use the restroom, an organizer assistant must be notified. (Remember, this does eat into time. Advise models to use restroom prior to start time.)
- No talking with your model allowed during the competition. Points may be deducted. It’s proven that talking with your model reduces speed, and since it’s a competition setting, you need to concentrate and utilize all the time that’s allotted wisely.
WHAT TO BRING AND WHAT IS PROVIDED?
- Competitors and models should arrive at registration table to obtain participation badge and prepare their materials. Competitors must arrive on time and at least 1 hour prior to start time. Competition will start promptly and efficiently, competitors arriving after start time will be disqualified.
- Items provided include a bed, chair, a disposable bed sheet. Competitors must supply their own lights, pillow, blankets, tools, lash supplies and all material for themselves and their model to complete their set.
- Competitors must provide their own model. See model information below.
- Each competitor must provide their own lash model. All models must be at least 16 years old. Models with full thick eyelashes is recommended. If you are in need of a model and would like for SLBCC to obtain one for you, there is an extra $25 fee when you register.
- Competitors are allowed to prepare materials before the competition commences.
- Competitors CANNOT touch their model or start working before the beginning of the competition. Any competitor found breaking this rule will be deducted points from their final score. Competitors must abide by all Organizer’s instructions.
- All competitors must wear a face mask while competing, anyone without one, will be docked points.
Judges will score on a point system based on the following:
Distance from lash line
Fan Quality (for Volume Category Only)
- Judges will only evaluate all finished work. They do not judge during the competition. It will be blind judging; this ensures there is no favoritism or bias.
- All work will be judged by expert/master lash artists. The decision of the judges is final and will not be subject to change.
- Organizers have the right to modify or amend these rules at any time.